Multiprogramme Coordination Mechanism
The conference has been the occasion to present, to the 120 attendees onsite and 138 online, a synthesis of the work carried out by several public and private operators co-financed by European funds during the 2014/20 period and to show how cooperation in partnership is effective in finding unique solutions to common problems.
- New synergies and future perspectives in the Mediterranean – Mercedes ACITORES, INTERACT
- Part I: The new era of tourism: pursuing the balance between economic development and sustainability – Josep RODRIGUEZ, Barcelona Provincial Council
- Part II: The new era of tourism: pursuing the balance between economic development and sustainability – Aurélie MOULINS, CIMA Research Foundation
- Presentation of the Sustainable toolkit – Interreg Euro-MED, Martittimo IT-FR and NEXT-MED
- Project 1: PANORAMED – Alen MATIC, Ministry of Regional Development and EU Funds (Croatia)
- Project 2: MEDUSA – Lutecia BEAINY, Rene Moawad Foundation
- Project 3: RACINE – Elena CONTI, ANCI Toscana
Sustainable tourism toolkit
How can we enhance tourism while preserving and regenerating the environment?
How can successful experiences of EU-funded projects better support sustainable tourism in the Mediterranean?
This toolkit represents the first concrete result of the pilot action set up by the Multiprogramme coordination Mechanism. It gathers some of the best transferable and most valuable results, creative tools and governance papers to concretely support stakeholders in solving issues they face across the Mediterranean in developing a vibrant, sustainable and responsible tourism sector.
We hope you will find this toolkit useful and inspiring to share our Mediterranean wonders in the name of sustainability!