Forum

renewable tourism and ev

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luka AmonLuka Amon
    Participant

The World Tourism Organization refers that sustainable tourism should take full account of its current and future economic, social, and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities. Based on these guidelines, the Alpine and Adriatic regions have implemented sustainable tourism strategies focused on showing their culture, landscapes, and histories. However, Covid-19, issues with air transport, and lack of public transport have increased tourism by private cars (more than 80 % of the modal split) thus contributing to the overall CO2 and noise emissions.
    Considering these major challenges for the Alpine and Adriatic regions, we have designed a solution to integrate sustainable mobility technologies; electric vehicles (EV) and e-bicycles focused on developing a 1. Comprehensive and reliable EV and bicycle charging infrastructure for tourist, citizens, public transport, and businesses, 2. Accessible electric bicycles, 3. Efficient use of renewable energy and grid stability, and 4. Digitalization of touristic routes and hospitality.
    The implementation requires community engagement and proactive approach towards creating a better understanding about all the pros of sustainable living by its leaders. Our aim is to reduce emissions from the transport (public and private), protect the environment, promote sustainable tourism, reduce transportation costs, increase the use of renewable energy, develop micro grids to stabilize the grid network, develop smart and digitalised tourism, and – more importantly – to create a better-quality life for people around tourism.
    Our project lays a foundation in the potential transformation of any major city and its rural areas’ tourism infrastructure. For instance, tourists who drive an EV will be welcome to visit the regions without concerns that their EVs will run out of battery allowing them to enjoy bicycle ride, a local meal, or a drink. Also, unpleasant noise and the discomfort of smelling pollutants would be reduced to near zero. Everyone in the region would benefit from better air in a better city.
    The short and mid-term goal of our EV charging infrastructure and cyclist routs project is also to increase the participation of business in green initiatives; tourism – Slovenia Green certification scheme, construction – Net zero certification schemes, or cultural – Climate mitigation in heritage buildings. Thus, it is expected that cleaner cities will attract more people, bring business interest, and boost a sustainable local economy.
    This project is also focused on renewable energy management and grid stability. For instance, the renewable energy produced should be first consumed, then stored in batteries; and the grid should only be used when there is not enough renewable energy available. The system should create a harmonisation between the supply (renewable energy and grid) and the demand (i.e. EV chargers, electric bicycles, heat pumps, lighting, internet connected devices) without exceeding the grid capacity.
    The implementation and management of the infrastructure will be executed by experts in facility and energy infrastructure management. All local requirements will be considered when deploying the wholesome solutions covering all steps from initial installation to regular maintenance.
    In addition, the project will enable you to reap the benefits of becoming a smarter region. For instance, the impact on the air quality being monitored, analysis of the increased use of bicycles, efficient and alternative routes that could save time and resources, and, last but not the least, efficient utilization of the infrastructure (i.e. EV chargers) when combining it with other services (rental e-cars, e-bikes, e-scooters).
    The same model can be replicated in cities, buildings, commercial properties, and industries; therefore, we are looking for a pioneer in smart mobility to implement this project together. Setting up a benchmark and leading the market to follow will enable you to have a major impact in global communities and the environment.

Marina PavlicMarina Pavlic
    Participant

Dear Luka,
    I am writing on behalf of King ICT, a leading Zagreb system integrator dedicated to the introduction of sustainable transport solutions and water purity.
    I have an idea how to connect the topic of your project with our possibilities and project activities. I believe that these solutions would be very attractive to you.
    If you need a technological partner from Croatia with many years of experience, feel free to contact me.
    my email: marina.pavlic@king-ict.eu
    Best regards, Marina

Valerio PalascianoValerio Palasciano
    Participant

Dear Luka,
    I am writing on behalf of the Tecnopolis Science and Technology Park, based in Valenzano, Bari, in the Puglia region of Italy.

Your idea sounds interesting and matches what our company is able to do with territories and companies for sustainable development and tourism.

If you want, we can discuss it further for a partnership.
    Here is my email: v.palasciano@tno.it

Best regards,
    Valerio

Renato ColonnaRenato Colonna
    Participant

Dear Luka,

I am writing on behalf of GAL Molise Verso il 2000, based in Molise (region of Italy).
    I have read the proposal and we would be interested in collaborating regarding coordination and technical support of the project.
    You can consider the fact that we are already coordinating other similar projects.

If you want, we can discuss it further for a partnership.
    Here are my email: adocolagio@yahoo.it or colonnarenato95@gmail.com

Best regards,
    Renato

Mario ShahiniMario Shahini
    Participant

Dear Luka,

I am writing on behalf of the Regional Council Durres, a regional public authority in Albania covering 3 municipalities. We are a coastal region, with tourism playing a vital role in the economy and development of our region. Our region is involved in implementing sustainable tourism policies at a regional level, therefore we express our interest in your project idea as it would be very relevant and beneficial to our region. Furthermore, our institution has a vast experience in participating at EU co-funded projects, mainly in the INTERREG MED and ADRION programmes. Please feel free to contact me at shahinimario@yahoo.com for further communications.

Best regards

Mario Shahini

Dear Luka,
    My name is Sandra García, from BIC Euronova (www.bic.es) the business innovation centre in Malaga, South of Spain.
    We are a semipublic company with more than 30 years of experience supporting innovative companies, and having participate in many EU projects in different programmes, Interreg Med included.
    We are located in Málaga Tech Park, and we are specialized in tech companies.
    Reading your proposal, it is not clear if the involvement of SMEs is part of the activities. If that is the case, we would like to join the consortium, as working with SMEs in projects like this, is one of our goals.

Do not hesitate contact me for further information.

Best regards,

Sandra García
    Head of International Projects
    BIC EURONOVA
    sandragarcia@bic.es
    +34 677794901

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.