Forum

Kakanj Municipality – interested in joining project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kakanj MunicipalityKakanj Municipality
    Participant

Kakanj Municipality is located north of Visoko and southeast of Zenica, in the centre of SarajevoZenica basin, economically most significant and most densely populated region of BiH. It is situated in the southern part of Zenica-Doboj Canton. Kakanj Municipality has a favourable trading position, well-developed network of trunk, regional, local and uncategorised roads. The route of the Corridor Vc and the trunk road M 17 pass through its territory, providing good potential for developing road communications. Natural resources available in Kakanj Municipality area:
    • mineral raw materials (coal, marl, limestone and thermal mineral water),
    • forests,
    • water resources,
    • renewable energy sources and
    • agricultural land.

Our Trategic goaln no 3. is: SG 3 – Responsibly manage the environment, enhance utility and road infrastructure and reduce risks from natural disasters

This strategic goal aims for the implementation of measures to improve environmental performance, primarily by reduction of emissions to air, but also to water and soil, by fostering modifications, adaptation of the existing and introduction of new and innovative technologies in industry operations in Kakanj Municipality area (energy transition and optimisation).

Within the frame of the GREEN CITY concept, by means of the application of certain models and practices, the following is to be expected: higher level of natural disasters risk management, increase of protected area coverage, energy saving and conservation of other natural resources. The environmental protection programme also foresees more sustainable utilisation of resources, including water, soil and biodiversity in the Town and its wider surrounding. The aim of these activities is to create more pleasant environment for everyone, help build a positive town image and improve the quality of environment.

The improvement of the quality of environment will be delivered by increasing energy efficiency, advancing and optimising public infrastructure management (water supply and sanitation, spatial planning), introducing circular economy to integral waste management and improving control of pollution and polluters.

Kakanj Municipality has rich cultural and historical heritage (medieval fortress, protected buildings, stećak sites, monuments, museums). The economy of Zenica-Doboj Canton is largely low-growth and based on natural resources. As a rule, such economies highly affect the environment, particularly in terms of space and resources.

The strengths of Kakanj Municipality are the factors that indicate positive situations in the Municipality, such as favourable geostrategic position, rich cultural and historical heritage, natural resources (ores, minerals, water, soil, forests), energy potentials and favourable conditions for the use of renewable energy sources, diversity of agricultural production, enterprise support programs, institutional capacities of public administration, industry and craft tradition, available workforce,
    good education infrastructure.

Kubra EfegilKubra Efegil
    Participant

To whom it may concern,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Kübra EFEGİL, and I am the Project Coordinator at Progem Danışmanlık, a project consultancy firm. I am reaching out to you on behalf of Altı Eylül Municipality, Bandırma Commodity Exchange, and Burdur Commodity Exchange, each of which is independently applying for three distinct projects under the INTERREG NEXT Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme.

As we navigate the early stages of project development, we are actively seeking potential project partners. After careful consideration, we believe that your organization may find these projects of interest. Please send me an email so I can share with you the project framewroks. This is my email address: kubra@progem.com.tr

And please add in CC : adnan@progem.com.tr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.