08/09/2022 at 14:32 #10114Laura PaccagnellaParticipant
We’re developing a patent we filed last year about an innovative electric marine propulsion system.
The advantages, compared to existing solutions, are even more:
1. decreased hull drag, due to boundary layer ingestion, leading to reduced consumption
2. increased thrust efficiency at lower speeds: instead of operating one single engine at part load (which is highly inefficient), some engines will operate in optimal conditions, some other will be shut off
3. increase in manoeuverability, thanks to the possibility to control each engine speed and thrust
4. decreased propeller draught, particularly important in shallow waters
5. ease of installation on hydrofoils
6. increased safety for humans and for fish fauna (enclosed propeller) and lower water turbulence for a lower impact on the sea environment.
Our technological solution suits perfectly the increasing electric boat market: its adoption will increase the efficiency at which the power is managed and distributed in a boat with respect to current electric configurations, unchaining even more market potential. We expect that not all boat and ship sizes will equally benefit from our solution; thus, a first step in the business development process will be to identify the boat and ship sizes that will benefit the most from our propulsion system.
We are looking for a shipyard or ship builder partner, and a coordinator wishing to participate in the call.
The objectives of the project are:
1. design of Nablawave propulsion system
2. construction of the prototype
3. testing in controlled environment
4. integration on a boat/small ship
5. testing in sea environment.15/09/2022 at 14:23 #10512Marta Pedišić BučaParticipant
we are Croatian company involved in research and testing in the field of ship hydrodynamics (hydrodynamic testing facilities) and we found your project proposal very interesting. For further info please feel free to contact me – mail address email@example.com, Croatian Shipbuilding Corporation.22/09/2022 at 08:01 #10737Angelos ParmatziasParticipant
We are interested in your project.
C.I.P. Citizens In Power (CIP) is a non-profit, educational and research organization. CIP constitutes a leading organization in Cyprus in global education, social innovation, citizen engagement, entrepreneurship, STEM, IoT, AI, clean energy and sustainable growth. CIP has been running more than 70 EU-funded projects, including KA2 & KA3 actions, AMIF, ENI CBC Med, COSME and Horizon Europe.
Few of our projects
– ‘NEX-LABS’ ENI CBC MED project: ENI CBC MED project: is a €3.4 million project that aims to support the implementation of clean technologies for the sustainable and resilient growth of agri-food sector production based on more efficient use of energy (renewable/solar solutions) and water (wastewater treatment, water harvesting or reuse solutions) in Mediterranean Partner Countries region thanks to the contribution of ICT such as blockchain technology, Internet or the Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Big Data. http://www.enicbcmed.eu/projects/nex-labs
– ‘Closing the gap between fork and farm for circular nutrient flows’ project aims at the implementation and exploration of innovative Nitrogen & Phosphorus recovery solutions for the utilization of human sanitary waste from urban settlements and its conversion into safe bio-based fertilisers for agricultural production (HORIZON-CL6-2022-ZEROPOLLUTION-01-02, Project number: 101081883, budget: 7.5 million).
– FlexCHESS aims to revolutionize the existing paradigms of energy storage by developing a multi-level flexibility approach based on Virtual Energy Storage System (VESS) that can store surplus energy through hybrid energy storage systems (HESS) and modify their behaviour and architecture to support unpredictable growth and change of demand, climate and market (HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01, project number: 101096946, budget 3.6 Million)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.