The municipality of Albufeira, located in the Algarve region, in the south of Portugal, is part of the Mediterranean basin, in an area of high vulnerability to the impacts of climate change, namely scarcity of water availability and changes in rainfall patterns.
The project aims to:
• Replace plants cover with high water consumption by native plants
• Materialize technical solutions for irrigation, namely the use of ApR (wastewater reuse)
• Use of high water table, such as existing wells, or Arabian hydraulic structures
• Implement natural engineering solutions for creating reservoirs (dykes), in water lines, in order to create flow equalization zones and promote local biodiversity
• Installation of weather stations, telemanagement and telemetry equipment, as well as humidity sensors to optimize irrigation in response to soil water needs.
We are looking for partners from any Mediterranean region with similar needs.
If you have partners interested contact me: