Forum

Connecting forest management and freshwater availability

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Núria PouNúria Pou
    Participant

From the Forest Sciences and Technology Centre of Catalonia (CTFC) we are interested in searching partners for a future project (test or study type) regarding forest management to increase water availability in Mediterranean rivers considering biodiversity conservation. The project would like to work in the Specific objective 2.4, exploring approaches to ensure freshwater availability in the new context of periodic droughts as a consequences of climate change.

CTFC is a public research institution based in Catalonia (NE Spain) with wide experience in international projects (INTERREG, LIFE, HORIZON, PRIMA, BIODIVERSA…) as partner and coordinator. CTFC has also experience collaborating with public administrations to transfer scientific knowledge for decision-making processes. This new project will imply those CTFC’s research groups working on freshwater modelling, forest management, and biodiversity.

We are looking for partners of the Mediterranean basin like:
    • Research institutions working on biodiversity, forest management or freshwater availability and modelling.
    • Public administrations with access to public young forest which could be managed during the project.
    • Public administration responsible of river water management in Mediterranean basin.

In case you were interested, please email Núria Pou (nuria.pou@ctfc.cat) for further information.
    Thanks for your attention!

Borislava YordanovaBorislava Yordanova
    Participant

Hello!
    My name is Borislava Yordanova and I work in District government Burgas. I am very interested in your idea, could you please share more details?
    We have experience in the fields and work with Regional Foresty directorate.

Best regards,
    Borislava Yordanova
    b.yordanova@bs.government.bg

Núria PouNúria Pou
    Participant

Dear all, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, we decided do not going ahead with this proposal.
    I tried to delete my first post, but it was not possible.
    Sorry, for any inconvenience.

Gérard WOLFFGérard WOLFF
    Participant

Dear All,
    I am in charge of EU projects in the Departement of Hérault, and I think that the projet idea could be explore more deeply as freshwater is a sharp challenge in many Med regions. I you are interested we could dive a little bit more and see if someone could take the lead but also share different common sub-topics.
    Here are a few example of topics:
    – drawing maps and master plan to define productive and non productive forests,
    – set a hierarchy of forest sensitiveness on different criteria to define, amongst freshwater protection river basins (i.e springs or intakes, boreholes, ..)

best regards
    Gérard

Danilo CrastollaDanilo Crastolla
    Participant

Dear

I saw your post in the partner search tool .
    If like your proposal and I will be delighted to supply to you ITALIAN and GREEK partners.
    On the other hand stay tuned because we can cooperate for many other calls and programmes for which we are working with. If you agree send me an email to estero@crastolla.com and i can share all partner’s details.

We can also cooperate for any EU calls including Interreg Europe, Next Med, Euro Med, Cerv, Daphne, Crea, Horizon etc

Best regards
    Danilo Crastolla
    0039 371 4482444

Maria TsagkatakiMaria Tsagkataki
    Participant

Dear Nuria,

I understand your situation, but I like your idea. Please keep us in mind just in case you decide to apply in the future. I am writing on behalf of Municipality of Heraklion in Crete and we have very limited resources on freshwater and forest itself, which is already a very challenging and tricky topic. We are open to examine for any solutions.

Kind Regards,

Maria tsagkataki

Municipality of Heraklion Crete
    Directorate of Planning, Programming and ICT
    European Programmes Dept.
    66, Ikarou Av., Crete, Greece
    tel. 0030 2813409666
    europrograms3@heraklion.gr

Renato ColonnaRenato Colonna
    Participant

Dear all

I am writing on behalf of GAL Molise verso 2000, situated in region of Molise (Italy).
    GAL is a limited liability consortium company founded in 1994 with the aim of designing, implementing and managing initiatives in the field of Local, National and European development.
    We are a body governed by public law, a local action group and a network made of 59 municipalities and many private professional associations and organization with the aim of local development of a rural area in Italy (Molise Region) http://www.galmolise.it.

Our working group has certified experience in the sector also and above all regarding European projects.
    I propose as we could offer technical assistance and coordination service for the development of project.
    In this specific case we could take care of organizing and publicizing the event, involving experts and the population, in such a way as to make the topic known as much as possible.

For further info you can contact the following addresses:
    e-mail: adocolagio@yahoo.it or colonnarenato95@gmail.com

Best regards
    Renato

Federica MazzantiFederica Mazzanti
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I am Federica Mazzanti, European Policies and Social Innovation Consultant at RESOLVE, which through WeEurope Srl, a Benefit Corporation based in Padua, deals with multilevel EU projects. I support organizations – public and private – in building project proposals that can connect their territorial and business realities with European opportunities.

I would like to propose you a client of mine which would be perfect for your project idea, namely the Italian municipality of Segusino. Segusino, located in the Province of Treviso, Veneto, is a situated between the Piave River and the Venetian Pre-Alps, with a population of about 1,877. Its territory then rises to Stramare (420 m), an ancient and picturesque village with a magical and relaxed atmosphere, which after decades of neglect has been recovered and revitalized while proudly maintaining the signs of time. Going up in altitude, Miliés (680 m), is the starting point for countless walks and hikes: Miliés is crossed by the E7 trail, which is part of the European long-distance trails. The municipal area has many marked trails that can be hiked, biked and ridden, both in the mountain hamlet of Milies and in the lower part of the village. The most suggestive route suitable for everyone is the “Trodo delle acque,” which starts from the locality “Cal del Pont” (between Riva Secca and Riva Grassa) and goes up to Stramare along the “Riù” stream thanks to a series of recently built bridges.

Therefore, it is a territory extremely rich of freshwater and forest resources that can be studied in the project.

I would be glad to know more about your project, so if you are interested in having an introductory call to talk about it do not hesitate to reach out at federica.mazzanti@resolve-consulenza.it

Thank you and I wish you a nice evening.

Best regards,
    Federica Mazzanti

Maria TsagkatakiMaria Tsagkataki
    Participant

PS: my email was wrong, please contact me on euprograms3@heraklion.gr

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.