Forum

Pilgrimage and Religious Tourism through European Cultural Routes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cultural TourismCultural Tourism
    Participant

Pilgrimage and Religious Tourism can be a form of Sustainable Cultural Tourism, especially in the Med area. Pilgrimage tourism is the type of tourism that entirely or powerfully motivates tourists for the achievement of religious attitude and practices. One of the oldest types of visiting the attractions and a global experience in the olden times of spiritual growth, it can be differentiated into different forms. European Cultural Routes offer such possibilities. A transnational Cultural Route with great potential is the St Paul’s footsteps, mainly in Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta and Spain. Also other religious routes and relevant sites of religious interest.

The proposed project will develop and test cultural tourism routes around pilgrimage and religious special interest visiting of shrines and assets.

Partners required: local and regional authorities, tourist boards, DMOs, in Malta, Spain, Croatia, France, Portugal, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro.

Kristijan LezaicKristijan Lezaic
    Participant

Hello! your project sounds very interesting. My name is Kristijan Lezaic and I am currently volunteering in a Municipality of Marija Bistrica in Croatia, but I am an experienced project manager and I already worked on MED projects. Marija Bistrica is one of the most known pilgrimage sites in Croatia. WE would potentially like to join your project. Do you plan to apply it for the next calls in 2024? I would like to have an online meeting and discuss it further. You can reach me on klezaic@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Danilo CrastollaDanilo Crastolla
    Participant

Hello
    i can involve italian and greek municipality duly involved in religious tourism
    If needed reach me to estero@crastolla.com
    Regards
    Danilo

Selma TuleSelma Tule
    Participant

Hello,

We are very interested in your project idea and joining your consortium as a project partner, especially since our region is home to one of the world-famous pilgrimage sites, Medjugorje.

I am writing on behalf of the Tourist Board of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, which is a body governed by public law and was founded in 2002 with its headquarters in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
    The Tourist Board is a specialized organization whose task is to properly valorise its tourist potential, analyse the possibilities of different forms of tourism, create regional tourist products, promote them and place them on the market through different tourist products. Our region – Herzegovina-Neretva Canton is located in the southern part of Bosnia and Herzegovina and consists of 9 municipalities, among which are the famous tourist destinations Mostar and Međugorje.
    The Tourist Board of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton has rich experience in the implementation of various projects co-financed by the EU. We recently completed a project financed from the Interreg Med Programme in which we were a project partner.

If you accept our offer for cooperation, you can contact us: selma.tule@hercegovina.ba; k.milicevic@hercegovina.ba
    Best regards
    Selma

Dorianne CutajarDorianne Cutajar
    Participant

Hello,

Your project sounds really interesting and we, as the Western Regional Council of Malta (Reġjun Punent) would like to express our interest in participating in this project focused on pilgrimage and religious tourism. In particular interest is the cultural route in the footsteps of St Paul. We are enthusiastic to contribute to its promotion and development.

Rabat, which is a town under the Western Regional Council, holds profound ties to the life and legacy of this Apostle. The church dedicated to St Paul stands as a testament to the enduring reverence for his teachings and travels. Additionally, St Paul’s Grotto, where he resided during his time in Malta, serves as a tangible link to his presence on the island. We are eager to explore deeper into these connections and work towards showcasing Rabat, Malta, as a pivotal destination along the route of St Paul.

We look forward to the opportunity to collaborate together on this project. Please do note hesitate to contact me on dorianne.cutajar.1@gov.mt to discuss further.

Thank you.

Dorianne Cutajar
    EU/Local Funds Manager
    Western Regional Council

ersilia incelliersilia incelli
    Participant

Dear all,
    we would be interested in developing your project also in our region (around Rome). Would you be interested in an Italian province/region. There are numerous religious cultural routes yet to be discovered and developed. Please let us know.
    ersilia.incelli@uniroma1.it

Sofia MartinsSofia Martins
    Participant

Your proposal is very interesting.
    I would be glad to know more about your project, so if you are interested in having an introductory call to talk about it and to understand possible collaborations, please do not hesitate to contact me at sofia.martins@irradiare.com
    Best regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.