Forum

Offering Partnership in Sustainable Mgmt. of Natural/Agricultural Resources

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas AlexandridisThomas Alexandridis
    Participant

We are a small competitive group with >25 years of experience in Earth Observation (EO) and Geoinformation, affiliated to the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece), School of Agriculture. We are involved in a number of national and international projects and work on disruptive market-ready solutions in the fields of EO, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), big data, AI and climate modelling in order to monitor and assess agricultural activities, natural resources’ use and condition, and ecosystem functions.
    More specifically, the group participated to the following recent EU projects:
    • EU-H2020-eInfra-21-2017 “European e-Infrastructure for Extreme Data Analytics in Sustainable Development – EUXDAT”
    • EU-H2020-SFS-38-2018 “Sino-EU Soil Observatory for intelligent Land Use Management – SIEUSOIL”
    • EU-H2020-SFS-43-2017 “Enhancing food security in African agricultural systems with the support of remote sensing – AfriCultuReS“
    • EU-H2020-SFS-19-2018 “Resilient farming by adaptive microclimate management – STARGATE”
    • EU-FP7 “Merging hydrological models and Earth observation data for reliable information on water – MyWater”
    The contribution of the group is likely to include the spatial data processing and EO-based monitoring and modelling of natural resources and agricultural activities (water-soil-crop parameters, biodiversity indicators, soil health, carbon sequestration, etc.,), from farm to catchment level and using satellite data, UAVs, sensors, modelling outputs and crowdsourcing, developing multi-scale EO-based services, providing evidence and designing tools to foster informed decision making towards the sustainable management of water and land resources and climate-resilient ecosystems, promoting nature-based solutions and green transitions, establishing local and regional pilots, organizing demonstration activities, and conducting field campaigns.

Migena FeratiMigena Ferati
    Participant

Greetings Thomas,

We are an Albanian NGO “Alliance for Citizens and Communities” operating in various fields and implemented projects related to environmental protection, agriculture, etc.

We are interested to provide our share of support in terms of giving you the data, resources for promotion of the required technology and assisting you to obtain a similar result also in Albania.

Please write us at aqkacc2015@gmail.com for more information on this.

Kind regards,
    Migena Ferati

Renato ColonnaRenato Colonna
    Participant

Hi Thomas
    I am writing on behalf of GAL Molise verso 2000, situated in region of Molise (Italy).
    GAL is a limited liability consortium company founded in 1994 with the aim of designing, implementing and managing initiatives in the field of Local, National and European development.
    We are a body governed by public law, a local action group and a network made of 59 municipalities and many private professional associations and organization with the aim of local development of a rural area in Italy (Molise Region) http://www.galmolise.it.

Our working group has certified experience in the sector also and above all regarding European projects.
    I propose as we could offer technical assistance and coordination service for the development of project.
    We could take care of organizing and publicizing the event, involving experts and the population, in such a way as to make the topic known as much as possible.

For further info you can contact the following addresses:
    e-mail: adocolagio@yahoo.it or colonnarenato95@gmail.com

Best regards
    Renato

Antonio PepeAntonio Pepe
    Participant

Dear Thomas,

I’m a research director of the National Council Research of Italy (CNR), with experience in Earth Observation and remote sensing technologies. CNR could provide extensive analyses on the state of Earth’s surface and its changes, using a refined set of environmental indicators based on Sentinel data characterizing the state of vulnerability/adaptability to climate-induced disasters (e.g., land deterioration, extreme weather events, drought, inundations, surface deformations). If you consider this expertise an added value for your project proposal contact me here or at pepe.a@irea.cnr.it. More information about my publications is at: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=u_5fdVkAAAAJ&hl=es&oi=ao

Kind regards
    Antonio

Elena MattaElena Matta
    Participant

Dear Thomas and all,

Let me introduce myself. I’m a postdoctoral researcher and project manager with about 10 years experience in international research projects, working at TU Berlin, Politecnico di Milano, and currently for SoftWater, an innovative SME based in Milan, Italy.
    SoftWater develops innovative methodologies and tailored software solutions to support environmental policies and foster smart and sustainable natural resources management. In particular, we cover three main areas of expertise: (1) climate assessments and climate change risk impact analysis, (2) modelling of complex environmental systems, integrating machine learning with hydrological models and multi-objective algorithms, and (3) smart platforms for environmental big data. In this latter case, we develop light and interactive web platforms, integrating spatial data, time series and visual analytic interfaces to provide customised solutions for effective data visualisation and decision support tools.
    We have broad experience in joining European projects (H2020, PRIMA, Horizon Europe) and we are currently involved in national and international projects and consultancies (e.g., REACT4MED https://react4med.eu/ and iMERMAID https://imermaid.eu/). If interested, you may have a look at our website at this link: https://soft-water.it/ and contact me at elena.matta@soft-water.it

Best regards,
    Elena

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.