Forum

Light Pollution Mitigation and Nocturnal Habitats Conservation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tadej PircTadej Pirc
    Participant

*Looking for partners active in nature conservation and environmental protection (nature parks, biosphere reserves, Natura 2000 sites etc.)

Project title:
    Mitigating nocturnal habitat loss and the effect of light pollution on biodiversity in areas including marine, protected, and urban landscapes across the Mediterranean.

Summary:
    Artificial light at night generated by human activity leads to habitat loss, increased habitat fragmentation, and directly impacts the decline of biodiversity. Growing light pollution levels are causing a decrease in dark habitats everywhere, including in marine, urban, and protected areas across the Mediterranean.

Presently, there is no common EU-wide strategy nor policy on light pollution and nocturnal habitats conservation, and no EU Directive contains any binding obligations to limit the adverse effects of light pollution.

The key objective of the project is thus to devise and test approaches to protect biodiversity and ecosystems through the restoration and conservation of nocturnal habitats across various landscape types within the program area, which will provide a foundation for the transferability strategy for the hybrid landscapes of the Mediterranean, and ground-breaking policy recommendations on the EU level.

Angelos ParmatziasAngelos Parmatzias
    Participant

We are interested in your project, please contact us

C.I.P. Citizens In Power (CIP) is a non-profit, educational and research organization. CIP constitutes a leading organization in Cyprus in global education, social innovation, citizen engagement, entrepreneurship, STEM, IoT, AI, clean energy and sustainable growth. CIP has been running more than 70 EU-funded projects, including KA2 & KA3 actions, AMIF, ENI CBC Med, COSME and Horizon Europe.
    Contact us at angelos.p@citizensinpower.org http://www.citizensinpower.org

Angelos ParmatziasAngelos Parmatzias
    Participant

Few of our projects
    – ‘NEX-LABS’ ENI CBC MED project: ENI CBC MED project: is a €3.4 million project that aims to support the implementation of clean technologies for the sustainable and resilient growth of agri-food sector production based on more efficient use of energy (renewable/solar solutions) and water (wastewater treatment, water harvesting or reuse solutions) in Mediterranean Partner Countries region thanks to the contribution of ICT such as blockchain technology, Internet or the Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Big Data. http://www.enicbcmed.eu/projects/nex-labs

– ‘Closing the gap between fork and farm for circular nutrient flows’ project aims at the implementation and exploration of innovative Nitrogen & Phosphorus recovery solutions for the utilization of human sanitary waste from urban settlements and its conversion into safe bio-based fertilisers for agricultural production (HORIZON-CL6-2022-ZEROPOLLUTION-01-02, Project number: 101081883, budget: 7.5 million).

– FlexCHESS aims to revolutionize the existing paradigms of energy storage by developing a multi-level flexibility approach based on Virtual Energy Storage System (VESS) that can store surplus energy through hybrid energy storage systems (HESS) and modify their behaviour and architecture to support unpredictable growth and change of demand, climate and market (HORIZON-CL5-2022-D3-01, project number: 101096946, budget 3.6 Million)

Maria TsagkatakiMaria Tsagkataki
    Participant

The Municipality of Heraklion is interested to be a partner in your proposal. We are very intrested on your topic and would like to have more information and details on the development of your project idea.

Heraklion is the capital of Crete, one of the most economically active towns in the wider region. Also is fourth largest city in Greece. According to the results of the 2021 census, the municipality’s population is 157.452 people..
    The Chandax of the Arabs and Byzantines, the Candia of the Venetians, was one of the island’s major ports and markets, and at times one of the most economically active towns in the wider region. Heraklion is the fourth largest city in Greece.

To be able to consider possible collaboration please contact us on euprograms3@heraklion.gr

Regards,

Maria Tsagkataki

Municipality of Heraklion Crete
    Directorate of Planning, Programming and ICT
    European Programmes Dept.
    66, Ikarou Av., Crete, Greece
    tel. 0030 2813409199, 0030 2813409221
    euprograms3@heraklion.gr

Hello Tadej,

I am writing on behalf of The Regional Development Agency Dubrovnik-Neretva County DUNEA.

Your project sound really interesting an I would appreciate if You could share more information about project idea.
    More about DUNEA and our project fin on following links: : https://www.dunea.hr/en/about-us; https://www.dunea.hr/en/our-projects.

Please contact me on jkasumovic@dunea.hr.

Best regards

Rugova KurtishiRugova Kurtishi
    Participant

I am writing you on behalf of the Public institution National Park Shar Mountain from Republic of North Macedonia which is interested to be partner for the ongoing FORTH CALL.

– sustainable use of natural resources in the interest of current and future development, without significant damage to parts of nature and with the least possible disturbances of natural balance;
    – creating conditions for tourism development in accordance with the principle of sustainable development;
    – protection and conservation of natural habitats of National and Transnational importance;
    – protection and conservation of biodiversity of National and Transnational importance;

I’m available for more details and to discuss more about topics of interests, so don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.
    Email: kurtishirugova@gmail.com
    Email: ibrahim.dehari@sarmountain.org.mk

Mario ShahiniMario Shahini
    Participant

Dear Tadej,

I am writing on behalf of the Regional Council Durres, a regional public authority covering 3 municipalities in Albania, with a successful and vast experience of participating in EU
    projects. Our institution is involved in implementing sustainable economy, tourism and environmental policies at a regional level, therefore making your project idea very beneficial and relevant to our region . Please do not hesitate to contact me at shahinimario@yahoo.com for further communications in case you are interested in having a public institution partner from Albania in your consortium.

Best regards

Mario Shahini

Danilo CrastollaDanilo Crastolla
    Participant

Dear

I saw your post in the partner search tool .
    If like your proposal and I will be delighted to supply to you ITALIAN and GREEK partners.
    On the other hand stay tuned because we can cooperate for many other calls and programmes for which we are working with. If you agree send me an email to estero@crastolla.com and i can share all partner’s details.

We can also cooperate for any EU calls including Interreg Europe, Next Med, Euro Med, Cerv, Daphne, Crea, Horizon etc

Best regards
    Danilo Crastolla
    0039 371 4482444

Marina PavlicMarina Pavlic
    Participant

Hi Tadej,
    I am writing on behalf of King ICT system integrator from Zagreb.
    In development, we have some solutions that we would like to develop to the end through this call, which concern the reduction of light pollution from public lighting. If you need a partner from Croatia, we would be happy to join you.
    Kind regards, Marina
    marina.pavlic@king-ict.eu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.