Forum

BIODIVERSITY AND RENATURALISATION OF URBAN AREAS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sokayna IzemSokayna Izem
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am working in the City Council of Mollet del Vallès, a city near Barcelona. We are interested in participating in projects that are related to biodiversity and renaturalisation of urban areas. We would like to meet partners that are interested in these topics, so we can hopefully work together!

Hope to hear from you,
    Best Regards,
    Sokayna Izem

HELENA CVENKELHELENA CVENKEL
    Participant

Dear Mrs. Sokayna Izem,

I am writing to you from regional development agency of Gorenjska, Slovenia. We have over 20 years of experiences in preparation and implementation of EU projects, including MED -different topics of regional development. We are also responsible for regional development and regional development program.

Topics biodiversity and renaturalisation of urban areas are key development topics in our region.

I would be glad to have on line meeting. What about next week? my email: helena.cvenkel@bsc-kranj.si

My contacts:
    M.Sc. Helena Cvenkel, director for research and development
    BSC Kranj regional development agency of Gorenjska
    c.s. Zagarja 37,4000 Kranj, Slovenia
    mobile: 00386 31 302 382
    http://www.bsc-kranj.si

cristina guerracristina guerra
    Participant

Hi, I’m writing in the name of AMbienteParco a Science Center in Brescia (IT) on sustainability. We are an experience of regeneration of an urban area, and we need to improve it with Natural Based Solutions (Green and Blue Roofs and Walls). We are a natural biodiversity corridor with a small lake. we have exhibitions on sustainability for 25.000 visitors/year (from schools and families). We have NO experience with EU project.
    Waiting for your interest, best regards cristina.guerra@ambienteparco.it

Serafim KontosSerafim Kontos
    Participant

Greetings, I am Serafim Kontos, Researcher from the Laboratory of Atmospheric Physics of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (A.U.Th.), Greece. Our expertise is on analysis and predictions of environmental information related to climate, energy and air quality, and on the respective impacts on human health and public sectors. We are interested to join a consortium as partners. You can contact me at mkontos@auth.gr

Natasha AmdijuNatasha Amdiju
    Participant

In behalf of City of Skopje, Macedonia, I would like to express an interest to participate in a project if we share similar priorities. My contact details: Natasha Amdiju, natasha.amdiju@euda.eu and phone: +38978288238 (Viber and WhatsUp). Please let me know if you are interested.

Kostis VerveridisKostis Ververidis
    Participant

dear all,
    I am contacting you on behalf of mamagea (https://mamagea.gr/about) an environmental NGO based in Thessaloniki, Greece. Our mission is that of upgrading daily life in cities, the social and urban environment. Through current and innovative approaches, mamagea plans and implements actions capable of changing the daily life of cities and neighborhoods. It aims at developing social cohesion, tackling climate change, strengthening communities and human networks. We conduct bioclimatic-technical studies and implement construction projects for buildings and public spaces, we carry out educational and participatory workshops for children and adults, we organize cultural activities, mobilize citizen networks and create information campaigns on critical environmental and social issues, design and propose policies to improve our lives by shaping the city of the future.
    looking forward to hear from you
    kind regards,
    Kostis Ververidis

Claudia SistiClaudia Sisti
    Participant

Dear all,
    Torres Vedras Municipality in Portugal and CICS NOVA Interdiscuplinary Center of Social Cience from FSCH are willing to join the consortium under the theme BIODIVERSITY AND RENATURALISATION OF URBAN AREAS.
    financiamentos@cm-tvedras.pt / Claudia Sisti + André Alves # anapego@fcsh.unl.pt / Ana Pego

Torres Vedras is a Portuguese municipality in the district of Lisbon, approximately 50 km north of the capital, in the western part of the Centro region. It covers an area of 407 km2, and has 83.000 inhabitants. The municipality has almost 20 km of coastal area, 2 sites of Natura 2000, as well as a local protected area. Over the past few years, the municipality has participated in European projects (LIFE programme) about green procurement and sustainable procurement, such as GreenMED and Building SPP project, and PRO EE (IEE funding); RENERGY (Interreg IVC funding).
    Torres Vedras Municipality has stood out for its entrepreneurial capacity demonstrated over the last years, implementing a wide range of interventions in the areas of urban planning and regeneration, socio-economic and cultural development, sustainable mobility and energy efficiency, managing with effectiveness and efficiency the financial resources available from national and European founding programmes.
    The mission of Torres Vedras Municipality is to ensure the implementation of laws about the environment, promote sustainable development of the municipality and improving the quality of life of its citizens.
    The Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030 set out the priorities and aspirations for 2030, and constitute a reference to respond to global challenges in line with the objectives and lines of action pursued at national level in the field of environment and sustainable development, in particular those resulting of National Sustainable Development Strategy – ENDS 2015, the National Forest Strategy, the National Strategy for Environmental Education 2020, the National Strategy for the Conservation of Nature and Biodiversity 2030, the National Program for Climate Change 2020/2030 and the National Climate Change Adaptation Program.

Assuming the guidelines of the referenced instruments, it is up to the services of the Municipality of Torres Vedras to manage the protected areas of local scope; develop and promote actions and measures of education and environmental awareness of the population; manage municipal facilities for environmental education; prepare applications for projects and awards in the fields of environment, sustainability and energy; coordinate the control and supervision of the municipality’s coastline; ensure control of water and coastal pollution, air pollution, noise and soil pollution; carry out specific studies and actions aimed at the protection and defense of the environment; enable the municipal policy of waste management, forests and green spaces; and manage, enhance and conserve the natural heritage of the municipality.

CICS.NOVA’s mission is to conduct interdisciplinary research in social sciences, to promote critical thinking and disseminate the acquired knowledge in the concerned communities, both on the national and international level, namely through the action of its regional Poles. The research unit’s interdisciplinary framework brings together knowledge in sociology and geography, as central areas, alongside other social sciences and humanities. In addition, there are strong links with life sciences, environmental sciences and engineering, which render CICS.NOVA’s scientific research particularly original and comprehensive.

Anna PeltegovaAnna Peltegova
    Participant

Dear Ms. Izem,

Bulgarian Management Association is interested to co-develop a project with focus on biodiversity and renaturalisation of urban areas. We recently successfully completed a project on biodiversity governance financed by the INTERREG EUROPE PROGRAMME 2014-2020. Please contact us if you would like to find out more about the experience and the aims of our organization.

With kind regards,
    Anna Peltegova

Hello Sokayna and all other,

I am writing on behalf of Town Ludbreg (Croatia) and we would like to participate in the project which is focused on renaturalisation of urban areas. We actually start develop this topis and we can act as a lead partner. If you are all interesting for joint cooperation we can organize online meeting and discuss about the topic.

My contact email is: nikolina.nemec@ludbreg.hr.

Best regards,
    Nikolina Nemec Blažin
    Town Ludbreg

Cveta DimitrovaCveta Dimitrova
    Participant

Dear All,

We, ABERON OOD., a private Bulgarian research and consulting company have expertise in biodiversity protection and ecosystem services assessment. We have worked with the JRC on evaluating the direct and indirect benefits from Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) for wastewater treatment in urban areas and for flood retention. We are familiar with the legal aspects in designing green corridors, regenerating depleted urban areas and building vertical gardens.

A proposal under the above topic will require several aspects – urban planning (legislation), GIS, combatting pollution, social and economic benefits, why not clean energy production?

Based on the above, feel free to contact me on cveta.dimitrova@gmail.com in order to discuss potential cooperation.

Bets regards to all,

Cveta Dimitrova

Ivica MartinovićIvica Martinović
    Participant

Dear All

I am writing you from development agency of the Town of Korčula – Croatia.

We are a small town located on the north east shore of the island https://goo.gl/maps/M33CzquaEeRU5TaD8

On the eastern limits of a town a ferry port(which is planned to be relocated in next 2-4 years) and an industrial area is located. Also there is an underwater archeological site nearby, whole area is under Natura 2000 protection, towns archipelago with natural and cultural sites is in the vicinity, whole area is under pressure of nautical tourism etc.

We are aiming to revitalize this area and include it back into the town(give it back to its citizens) on the principle of green and blue infrastructure, smart/sustainable entrepreneurship, inclusion, restoring/protecting natural and cultural environment.

In doing so we are looking a project trough which we could gather and study data, develop and evaluate different revitalization options (or create method to so) in order to support decision makers with the reliable and objective information.

I hope we can find common interest in us being partners on the project.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Ivica Martinović, dipl. oec.
    KORA d.o.o.
    Trg A. i S. Radića 1
    20260 Korčula
    imartinovic@kora.hr
    095 910 7073

Nuno CarvalhoNuno Carvalho
    Participant

Hi,

I represent a Portuguese Municipality that is interested in joining a consortium.
    If you are interested please contact e: top.grades.pt@gmail.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.