Is it possible for the full partners (with budget) to cover travel expenditures for the staff of the associated partners to attend events and study visits?

Travel and accommodation costs related to associated partners must be claimed under “external expertise and services” category and should preferably be borne by the project partner and in case of external expertise and services concerning activities outside the cooperation area and outside the EU, the express approval of the JS is needed. Please be aware that travel and accommodation costs for external experts, speakers etc. must comply with all the general principles and the audit trail of expenses mentioned in the travel and accommodation cost category (real costs) and applicable to the partner bearing the expenses.
Further information in the Programme Manual, Chapter vii. Categories of costs, sections: c) travel and accommodation costs, e) external expertise and service costs and chapter iv. Non-eligible costs