If I have submitted a transfer project, should I consider EUR 1 000 000 the total budget (80% interreg fund + 20% own fund) or the maximum reimbursement I can receive?

In the framework of the Interreg Euro-MED Programme, the Interreg grant (ERDF and IPA) represents 80% of the total eligible budget of the project; the remaining 20% of the budget is therefore borne by the partners who must ensure the co-financing of their activities by other sources of funding (own funds, private funds or national public funds).
This is a basic key principle which is applied to the overall Interreg Euro-Med Programme’s project proposals.